Thursday, May 17, 2012

Still watching cars...

2 months 6 days. That's how long Mavs been treated like a porcelain doll. Things have been much better though and weekly trips to the specialist and filling syringes have become part of our normal routine. We have worked out the kinks!
After weeks and testing 3 different routes..I've found one that gets us here in 50 mins verses an hour and 20. Instead of filling one medicine dropper and fighting Mav not to spit it out...I fill 4 smaller ones instead and we are both much happier. The steroid puffiness though, I haven't found a cure for that. My poor little man has the biggest cheeks! Of course when we are out and people say..."oh look at those cheeks!!! Somebody is eating well!" they don't know the truth. I wanna say actually that's the damn steroids I'm forced to give him twice a day and he doesn't eat well. He's losing weight!" but I don't. I just smile...and say thank you.
His numbers have been all over the last two weeks. We went from 229,000 then 15,000, 24,000, 115,000 and today he was 86,000. I feel myself starting the panic again...maybe it isn't what they think it is. Maybe he has something else. Maybe this will never go away. The doctors do a great job keeping me calm though and everything I have read says that it can take 6 months to beat an antibody and still be considered an acute infection. So I just have to believe that.
Maverick does get so excited though to watch his cars every week. He is just so amused by them. It has to be a boy thing:) and the staff just loves him. Up and down the halls...oh maverick is here! He never disappoints either, always flashing a big smile!
My only pet peeve with the office is that all the rooms face a day care/preschool across the street. Maverick is too small to care of course but it breaks my heart seeing a 5 year old boy getting chemo facing a playground with kids running all over the place :(
Here's what Mav does each week. Pics from last week and today. He just loves watching those cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment