Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm here!!

Yes...I'm here AND I'm blogging from a computer!!!!  WHAT?!  The very first time!  I wasn't even sure how to log in.  ha.  Anyway...what does that tell you...?  It tells you that I'm spending LESS time at the doctors office!  WOOHOO!!
The steroids are doing their thang!  The other day Mavy's platelets where 229,000.  I did NOT type that wrong...can you believe it?!  I couldn't...well above normal!  I just wanted to hug the doctor.  I was really worried because I've had the hardest time getting the medicine into him.  Twice a day and I dread it every hour leading up.  He hates it and I hate it.  Everyone hates it.  I have to give him two different meds and the first few times I swear not a drop stayed in his mouth.  So I had to google a way to give meds and keep the babby from spitting them out!  I literally have to hold the poor boy in an arm lock and use my finger to hold his cheek open until he swallows. I feel like I'm abusing him!!!  but after that number...I know it's all worth it.  So now (again) we wait.  He did week 1 at a high dose morning and night.  Week 2 has been a high dose in the am and a lower dose (not by much) in the evening.  Each week should be less and less until he is done and then we hope and pray some more that the numbers stay up!

Ok...I have to get back to work while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment