Wednesday, April 18, 2012

50% of my brood is down!

Good grief! I seriously need one of those space man suits from the movie ET. Actually. I need 6. 4 of them half size.
Mahala is sick. 102 temp and I'm trying to remain calm. Not let her see I'm panicked. Although I slipped when I took her temp and 20 seconds later yelled...dear lord!!! Your sick!!! Go get a book and lay on the sofa in the front room. Daddy has to take you to the doctor. Then she asked...are you sending me away because of maverick?!? I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry but when she and I met eyes we both cracked up for some reason. I told her yes. That was exactly why and she could never come back. She chuckled and said. K. Love you too mom.... :) Don't they say laughter is the best medicine anyway? Your contagious before you seem sick mostly so at this point...what's the point!! I just keep telling myself...it's fine. Just keep them a part. However. It's really hard to give each sick baby the loves and cuddles without feeling the need to sanitize your entire body in between.
They tested her for strep and flu both negative but treated her anyway because of Mav. So at 9:30 last night I'm sitting at the kitchen counter with her and a bowl of soup. I pull the medicine out of the bag and it's pills!! She has never taken pills! Coco has but not M. I gave the bottle a lil shake and her head flew up from her soup bowl...WHAT!! Pills?!? I say yes. You can do it...! I take one out and lay it on the counter for her and crack open a bottle of water. She picked it up and looked it over and says, are you SURE this is right? They didn't mess up?? I don't wanna end up like Michael Jackson mommy! Martin assured her that he did not die from antibiotics... (that's one for the memory jar though). She did it just fine and is sleeping peacefully. Now I have to figure out how to keep her in her room as much as possible...!
At least we had a great day on her field trip before fever struck!

No comments:

Post a Comment