We are home! We ended up having to stay a little longer than expected. Mav developed a high fever and was bright red all over. So they decided to keep him on watch and also did another blood draw for cultures (we thought we were going to get lucky and have all the needles done while he was asleep! Almost made it...) they are checking it for a blood infection I think she said? Because his white cell count is so low he's more likely to get an infection or any illness... When it rains it pours. I hope it was just a side effect from the treatment or the gas they used to put him to sleep. so he's home but I'm sure I'll be checking his temp every hour tonight.
The doctor said some results will be back tmrw and some will take a week. I'm pretty sure I will drive myself crazy tmrw waiting for a phone call. I just need answers. Once I have them I can start to process whatever it may be. Big or small but I can't process the unknown. I can't cope with the unknown.
On a good note, we had an awesome night at home with all the babies. The big girls jumped on the moon bounce in the backyard while Mav played on his floor mat. Normally he's good there for 10 mins tops! I think he laid there talking and smacking toys for 30 mins. I think he was just so happy not to be bothered! At the kids request I made chocolate chip pancakes for dinner and we say and talked about everything they did today at their friends house. Mahala asked me twice what they did to Mav today and if he's better yet. I can see her mind just a ticking...she's so smart. She can smell my fear I think. I can't fool that one...
Thank you to everyone that called, emailed or texted us today. I promise I'm trying to get back to everyone. It means so much to us to see Mav so loved.


My heart and prayers are with you every moment. You are not alone. I will never let you be alone. If I could take this burden from you, I would. I think your blog is a great idea. Not only will it help you, it will help all of us understand what is going on, as well as many other mothers who may be going through the same thing. You are strong and wonderful Mother/Wife/Woman. You don't know your own strength yet.... and no one who loves you will ever let you falter. I love you.
ReplyDelete