Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trying to occupy myself...

Today we will get results that could change our lives forever. Here are the possible options from what I understand and I may not. I don't know anymore. All the big words sound the same right now.

1. This could all be from a dang virus!! This is what everyone is hoping and praying for. He does have 3 big sisters! I say this with lots and lots of love but lets face it...school aged kids are walking germs! If its a virus then we wait it out. It runs it's course and his body will fight it off. Steroids or IVIG to keep him in a safe area platelet wise.

2. It's something else. Something that doesn't go away. I don't wanna talk about that yet.

The doctor told me and I keep hearing this replay over and OVER in my head and I keep trying to remember the look on her face like was she being honest or just trying to keep me positive...? She does NOT think its leukemia. He's just to healthy looking. (yes. That was her doctor degree diagnoses and I gotta believe her) BUT that because the IVIG treatments aren't giving him a huge jump or recovery in numbers that they need to consider other treatment plans like steroids and they can't give those without ruling out certain things like leukemia. I asked what else the bone marrow test will show and she said suppression issues. So that's the other thing we are looking for. A virus can suppress the marrow from making the cells and that's what will eventually go away but an autoimmune disease can do that has well and that doesn't go away.

Wow. I can ramble and type fast on this iPhone! I can't remember the last time I had time to do anything on a real computer...

So the only reason I was posting this am was to say that while trying to occupy myself I went online and requested a FREE kit to join the bone marrow registry. I think everyone should do this. The kit is free and all you have to do is swab the inside of your cheek. You do it right at home and mail it in!! So simple and who knows, you could change a life and it requires very little from you. I PRAY HOPE AND EVERYTHING ELSE I CAN that we will never need such a thing but the sad truth is so many do and a lot of them are sweet little babies and children.

Here is a Q&A on joining:
http://marrow.org/Registry_Members/Donation/Donation_FAQs.aspx

Request a kit:
http://marrow.org/Join/Join_the_Registry.aspx

And here is all you have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment